1. A true competitor loves the battle
a. It brings out the best in a person
2. It is our responsibility to maintain this mindset
a. If you don’t want to be the best, it won’t happen
3. The struggle is what develops people and makes the victory worth it
a. Have courage. No fear of not being the best
4. If you do your best and you’re not out hustled, you’ll be fine
5. Have respect without fear and confidence without cockiness
6. Think all the time
a. When you’re in a competition always be ready
7. Never be a spectator when you’re in the game
8. Don’t only be your best when the best is needed.
*Just a few thoughts from an earlier meeting!
1. Whiners focus on the past. Winners focus on the present and the future.
2. Winners cast blame while whiners take responsibility.
3. Whiners react while winners think.
4. Whiners freeze while winners take action.
5. Whiners look for validation while winners lead by example.
6. Whiners tremble when change occurs and winners decide.
“Remain true to yourself and your philosophy. Changing in the face of adversity will in fact diminish your credibility with your customers.” – Giorgio Armani”